Friday, August 9, 2013

The worst two words to hear: "I'm bored"




I don't like being bored at the beach. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. People tell me: "you're young, go meet people and have fun on the beach". Yes, you are right: I am young. But I still think the beach is boring. There is sand everywhere (clothes, shoes, hair and places where the sun doesn't shine), kids screaming (and I love kids), boobs (I'm a prude: I like my boobs in a swimsuite, not out there for everyone to see) and nothing to do. You just literally lay there for hours trying to get a tan that will last 3 months. Ok, I like to get tanned and I love to go swimming, even though I'm scared of sharks. I think there's so much more to the beach than just lying there perfecting your tan.

Read a book- it can be a book on the kindle, iphone or a real paper book. I've already come across on certain beaches a library. Yes, a library with books on the beach. If you don't know what to read, check out my previous blog post on books worth reading: http://newrandomgirl.blogspot.com./2013/04/books-you-must-read.html

Learn to scuba dive, or go snorkelling. If you are over 13, then you can initiate yourself to scuba diving. The process takes hardly a week and is loads of fun: you start of in a pool with your oxygen bottle and the whole equipement, and you end up swimming in the ocean next to daulphines, turtles and amazing fishes. Some people have trouble with the whole oxygen tank and prefer snorklling. It's nearly as fun and you can sometimes see the same thing. The only difference is that with scubadiving you can go down 50 meters, while with snorkling you're limited with what's infront of you.

Try surfing. This might not be an option for everybody as you need waves. Personally, I suck as surfing (snowboarding, skiing, skating etc) but for those who can stay stable on a plank,
I would highly recommend it. It's a fun sport for all ages.

Do some exercise. For those who really hate doing nothing, try going for a run on the beach, or a long swim. To avoid from 12:00-3pm as it might be too warm.

Go for a walk, who knows, there might be a shop on the way that sells cute bracelets.

Write a blog post. What do you think inspired this one?

Beach volleyball. There's always a game of beach volleyball going on somewhere. But if you are like me: shy and a big socially awkward, then finding your balls to go and play might be hard. I still haven't found mine.

Fishing. I love fishing. But I've always been unable to take the fish out of the hook.

Don't go to the beach. If you really don't like the beach, then don't go. I don't mind being bored for a day or two. Then I go back, otherwise I go for an hour or so, then go do something else: sightseeing, running, tennis, shopping etc. I hate seeing people on their ipads, tablets, phones or even laptops when they are at the beach. You can always leave them at home and come back to it in the evenings. At least you'll have something to look forward too.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment